" //other

Donnerstag, 27. April 2023

MRDHEO RECAPS 23 YEARS PAINTING IN A CAN

MrDheo is undoubtedly one of the most internationally recognized names in Portuguese graffiti. This is thanks to a body of work based on hyperrealism that has its own stylistic language. As of today, the name MrDheo has been added to the list of authors of a MTN Limited Editions and, given the charismatic personality of this artist, a party will be held at Montana Shop Porto coinciding with the anniversary of this official Montana Colors point of sale. We take this opportunity to include the complete interview that we have done with him, from which the fragments that you have seen in the teaser of this new MTN Limited Edition have been taken.

"Based in Porto, MrDheo has always been linked to art since his childhood. Self-taught, he had his first contact with graffiti at age 15. His drawings were to soon become countless letter studies. Months later he did his first street piece and started to meet other local artists to whom he related and that motivated him to carry on. Today, after 22 years of continuous work, Mr.Dheo has happily painted all over the world with a style that combines photo realistic characters with a traditional graffiti aesthetic."

Can you describe your evolution towards photorealism? I started painting my own characters until I tried a more photorealistic approach. It was difficult and challenging to do with spray paint and it still is, but it is also the best way for me to convey the messages and concepts that I want to express.

"Montana has been my first choice since I was a kid and it’s crazy to think that when I was younger."

What does designing your own MTN Limited Edition mean to you? To be honest it never crossed my mind that I would ever have my own limited edition can. I’ve been collecting them for years and I think it is one of those things artists always dream about.

"It just makes sense to me to somehow to immortalize this journey with some of the artists that are most iconic to me and show the different styles I have done so far."

What bond do you share with the Montana Colors brand? Montana has been my first choice since I was a kid and it’s crazy to think that when I was younger, I was doing pieces with four, five Hardcore cans, as I could not afford more, with colors that even combine and today I have my work on a spray can that will last forever. The can is like a collage of different works. Tell us a little about the design. When Montana reached out to me I thought about everything it took for me to get here... 23 years painting with so many adventures, with both difficult and happy moments. It just makes sense to me to somehow to immortalize this journey with some of the artists that are most iconic to me and show the different styles I have done so far. This spray can is like a celebration of this personal achievement. Something that I’m really happy about and that means a lot to me. I’m just grateful to see my work and my name next to so many incredible artists. Remember that in order to get your hands on this new limited edition can, all you have to do is ask at your favorite MTN point of sale.
by mtn-world via Montana World

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen