" //other

Samstag, 12. Februar 2022

FIRE AT WILL: LIGAS

  • Name: Ligas
  • Crew: Balas Perdidas
  • City-country: Barcelona
  • Active since: Drawing has always fascinated me since I was very young, but I started investigating graffiti around 1999, doing tags at school and in the street, with markers rather than spray paint. In 2001 I remember we bought our first Feltons. That's how we did it for a few years until we discovered MTN thanks to a friend who distributed in a hardware store in Mollet, that's where it all really started. 2001 is so long ago, it’s been so much fun and gone by so fast at the same time. But I’m still here! Thinking about it in perspective, I haven’t been as disciplined in any area of my life as with graffiti. 20 years in the game and so we’re celebrating!!!
  • Favorite surface: I don't really have any favorite surface, I like all of them, but I can tell you which one I've felt the most connection with. Anyone who’s touched a train knows that it feels different, something that you can’t experience on any other surface. Perhaps it’s because of the silence that is created in that environment, the tension, the adrenaline or knowing what you’re risking when painting a train. I always notice the silence, you hear each line sprayed by the two, three or four people painting, you feel and you notice that you are inside the core of this game. You need to use all your skills in just a few minutes, what you’ve been practicing for years comes to light in an instant. I don't consider myself a train writer at all, but I’ve felt the greatest pleasure in front of a train, putting on the last highlights, knowing that on that mission everything would turn out well and I’d succeeded.
  • Personal Motivation: To tell you the truth, I don't have any special motivation to paint, what's more, I think that whoever needs a motivation to paint won't last long in the game. As a famous graffiti writer once said: graffiti is a religion. You feel it, enjoy it and share it with people who understand this game the same as you. I just need the motivation to go to work every fucking day, hahaha.

by admin via Montana World

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen